SampleRobot is back with an update that includes support for the Waldorf synthesizers Quantum and Iridium both capable of loading custom sample content. SampleRobot 6.6 Pro can now create Waldorf ‘map’ files with dedicated samples making the sample handling on these instruments as easy as never before.
Furthermore, the sampling assistant ‘Project Wizard’ has been optimized for simple setup of complex sampling sessions. It now features project creation with up to 127 velocity layers and Midi control for the included VST2 Instrument Host.
Best of all, the upgrade is free for all SampleRobot 6 Pro users.
The Waldorf Connection
Working with large sample libraries can be challenging especially when mapping samples with multiple velocity layers manually. Quantum and Iridium users can respire now. SampleRobot Pro can do all the work - automatically. From recording and loop creation to multi-layer mapping and export all steps are controlled automatically in one application, with projects that even offer a down-sampling and channel-remapping option on export. It is possible to record high-end quality and export at a lower resolution if there is need for more sampling space on the Quantum or Iridium. The results of SampleRobot’s advanced loop searching algorithms are written to the map file as well. Sustained samples with inaudible loops – no problem. It’s easy to create and export complex multisamples in one go. SampleRobot even writes the whole Quantum and Iridium file structure to a USB or SD storage medium. Just unmount, insert and import - that’s it, designed for the fun of making samples for these creative machines.
The Project Wizard breaks down the whole sampling process into little steps that are easy to follow. If the user knows little about sampling, the Project Wizard helps a lot. Advanced users also benefit from this fast method to setup a project in SampleRobot. The Project Wizard can now create projects with up to 127 velocity layers. Each velocity layer can hold up to 127 samples. It can get complex, but the Project Wizard will keep it simple for the user. When creating projects for sampling VST2 instruments, now it is possible to define Midi channel and program change messages to control the loaded instrument in the VST Host. The good thing about sampling VSTis with SampleRobot: Up to 80% time saving with the offline bouncing feature compared to regular recording times. New hints and examples are included along the way with the Project Wizard. Help yourself sampling.
Features of SampleRobot Pro (abiding by relevant copyright laws and license agreements)
- Sampling of Midi instruments completely automatically incl. multi-velocity and advanced Midi CC control.
- Sampling of acoustic instruments and sounds in semi-automatic mode with countdown and tuning oscillator.
- Sampling of VST2 instruments completely automatically with the included Instrument Host featuring offline bouncing.
- WaveRobot - Large graphical loop and markers editor with freely scalable waveform view, stereo and loop area overlay.
- Instrument Copier – Sampling of a whole Midi sound bank in one go.
- Advanced automatic loop detection algorithm, multiple loop modes and crossfade types.
- Multisample exports in various software and hardware formats incl. up-/downsampling and channel re-mapping options, loop and crossfade rendering.
- Project Wizard and Preset Manager for easy setup of sampling projects.
- Estimate time (to record) and size (on the drive) feature for all projects in the list.
- Automatic sample import-mapping based on embedded root keys or names.
- Various export naming options with widely flexible wildcards.
- Midi Monitor for analysis of signals.
- Many more to explore.
MacOS 10.12 (Sierra) and higher, M1 compatible, Windows 11 / 10 / 8 / 7.
As of now, as download from the SKYLIFE Store.
Free for all SampleRobot Pro users of version 6 via the 'Check for Updates' function in SampleRobot.
SampleRobot 6.6 Pro: 249 €